Sunday, January 19, 2014

makeup and makeup

It's been a week since I "blogged",I didn't really have anything to write about until now.=] I brought another pallet from Hard Candy called Naturally Gorgeous and its similar to Urban Decay Naked pallet 30 bucks cheaper.The golden color they have in the pallet is a duplicate of MAC Amber Lights and some of the shades are also in the Pinking of You pallet(previous blog).I did a nighttime look with the pallet and used a purple eyeliner by Ruby Kisses with sparkles since purple and golden colors look awesome together.I'll try out more Ruby Kisses products since I was impressed with their 24 hr eye define eyeliner and I read the nail polishes are cruelty free,I've seen nothing on the makeup.If I find out they are not I won't buy it again,that's simple.The reason why I gone for Naturally Gorgeous Pallet instead of the other pallets,I'll be doing makeup for a pinup shoot and I could use some browns for natural makeup.



As you see this pallet look similar to Urban Decay(the eye shadows) without you spending a lot.I highlighted the colors I used and had fun with it.If you go to Walmart the pallets are called Top Ten Eye Shadow Pallets with adorable names Pinking of You,Naturally Gorgeous,Smoke Out(Smoky eye shadow pallet people,I know what you are thinking lol),Green With Envy,and Feelin Blue.I'll buy another one when I get paid to have them in my kit in case I get a vegan client.The Walmart in Vista,ca have Hard Candy in store and the two Oceanside,ca locations don't have them.The products can be purchased online and the site direct you to the Walmart website because the brand is ONLY exclusive to Walmart,I can see that changing in the future and other stores might carry it.Its 6 bucks and come with a small tube of mascara,it doesn't hurt to try it out.




The packaging is the same and I'm not a fan of it.That is another reason why people don't try out different brands because the packaging is not appealing.The lace going to across it doesn't go well due to the cheap looking packaging,that is my take on it.The reason I wanted to try it out because its cruelty free and I've seen positive reviews,cost 6 bucks,if I hated it wouldn't be a huge loss.It comes with the same tube of mascara Lashaholic and I love it,I don't like the wand(I used a disposable wand I liked) and I have allergies at the end of the day it kinda smudged.It didn't ruin my eye shadow since my drop shadow was dark colors and no one will notice.It gives nice volume to my eyelashes even though I like to wear strip lashes.







 On to my makeup I spend over 30 mins on,usually it will take me 5 to 10mins if its natural.Since I was going out during the night I had to make my "natural" makeup look awesome,I was happy with it.



Close up of my eyes and I finally tried out the dramatic eye lashes and read previous blog if you want to read about them.



I used four shades and I started with primer then the lightest color to the left all over my lid and up to eye brows for highlight.For night time or smoky eyes I like to start out with lightest shade I like build up to darker shades.


I used the Ruby Kisses purple 24 hr eye define and the eyeliner have sparkles and perfect for night time=] I think purple and golden colors look good together.Its the first time I used it and been sitting in my kit for three months.I'll use it more when I go out and the sparkle is hard to wash off to warn you.Ruby Kisses is sold in a beauty supply in Oceanside,ca called Sunny beauty supply right next to In n Out off Hacienda(if you are local you know where).You can go on their website to buy it if you don't feel like hunting for it.The picture is not that awesome and you can look on Google for better pictures.




I used Mark Get in Line to cover my strip lashes and added more purple eyeliner on top of it when it dried.I also used Mark Scandalash on my bottom lashes,it doesn't smudge on me.If you checked out my other posts you will see a picture of it.


Whats in my makeup kit?I have a photo shoot coming up and every pay day I'll buy certain amount of products to build my kit.It will be two pay checks to get the items I need for the shoot,my sister I talked about in my posts offered to give me things if I couldn't get it right away.

I was roaming around Walmart and I needed sponges it was under 2 bucks for a smaller pack,the larger ones was 5 bucks,its latex free and YAY!The reason why I'm happy about that is I won't have to worry about possible allergies.Eyelash glue have latex and I don't know of any eye lash glue that is latex free,if you know please tell me and it must work great.


I also brought black and brown Wet n Wild eyeliner/brow pencil and its super long.Since I'm starting out it will last me forever and I tested it before I use it on clients.I used the brown pencil for my eyebrows and it glided on smoothly .The pencils are called Color Con and its 97 cents at Walmart,its not bad for super long pencils. Recently Wet n Wild added the cruelty free bunny on their products so you don't have to question when you purchase products.


The video is Shalamar"Second Time Around" 




No comments:

Post a Comment