Friday, December 20, 2013

E.L.F. on a shelf.

There's no "ELF" I'm doing a product review that people been raving about.I decided to give ELF another chance and if you read my previous blog about me doing a review on cheaper makeup.My favorite YouTube channels use ELF products and they might have some awesome stuff.I was at Target yesterday buying baking supplies and I checked out the makeup section like I usually do.ELF had a section with gift sets with eye shadow pallets,eye liners,lip glosses,brushes,few other things.I brought the glitter eyes "gift set"and it was on sale,I paid 2 bucks instead of 3 bucks. On the packaging it said 4 piece and I was standing there thinking I see two pieces.I think they meant 3 eye shadow colors and the primer that came with it.I gone home and tried it out,the eye shadows didn't come with an eye shadow applicator,the directions say to use finger tips or a brush to apply the eye shadow.You guys know how much I HATE CLEANING BRUSHES,I used my finger tip to apply the eye shadow dry along with the primer,on the other eye I applied the eye shadow wet with a q-tip.The primer is sheer and any skin tone can use it,it have a wand applicator and I like to buy primer that comes in the tube.If you are down to the last bit of primer you can cut the tip and scrap it out.With the wand you will waist a little primer cause you can't get to it.It's nice having extra primer anyways,why not........The directions said to apply it wet for intense color and there was nothing intense about it.It looked OK dry and i'm not in love with the product.The packaging is cheap looking and if you see the patterns the eye shadow pallets have it with colors all over the place.If you want to give someone a gift set make sure you peel off the price sticker or it will say "MERRY CHRISTMAS! I SPENT 3 BUCKS ON YOU!"If you go to different stores with ELF products they are always under 3 dollar no matter what it is.Since I'm not in love with their products I'll try out the brushes since a set is a good price,If you want MAC,Sephora, and MUD Cosmetics brushes you will pay over 100 bucks for half a set and for a full it can range up to 300 bucks. That's my review on ELF and I think ELF work better for people with lighter skin tones cause I tried some other products out and didn't like it.Here's a photo below 




I don't have anything from my purse to share with you.I just got disposable mascara wands in the mail and its important to have if you want to do makeup on other people for sanitary purposes. I brought it on Ebay for 1.00 and it comes with 100 mascara wands,thats a good deal usually stores sell them for 3.00.

Video by Ellie Goulding "Anything Could Happen"


No comments:

Post a Comment