Sunday, December 15, 2013

From My Makeup Kit

This year I decided to go forward with my dream of doing makeup and if you read my blog "Beauty Queen" it give you an insight on why I want to do this.When I was in high school I volunteer to do makeup for a play and I didn't do a bad job.I used the makeup that is provided and some I brought from home,I even brought my own brushes.Since then I've been doing makeup for my friends sporadically for fun and recently I was asked to do makeup for my team mate for our league awards.I play roller derby and I'll get to that later.In January(next month) I'll be working on clients and when working on clients sanitation is important. Due to being on a budget I pick up a few items every paycheck to build my kit, from advice to spending time watching YouTube videos.I checked out my local "discount"stores to buy cleaning and sanitation products,if you can't find it there is Walmart.The products you see in the photo I brought recently except for cosmetic sponges.The spray bottle,rubbing alcohol,q-tips,zip lock bag is from Dollar Tree.I use the spray bottle to clean my brushes and few cosmetic items,the alcohol is to sanitize eyeliner,lip liner,and more items.It depends on what kind of eye and lip pencil you have,I grab the spray bottle with alcohol and spray the pencils,i wipe it with a paper towel and sharpen the pencil.I was told to just sharpen away the "germs" and I like to clean with alcohol to assure my items are clean.Q-tips have a billion uses and its always good to have them in your kit. I use the plastic bag to hold items,to dispose and a place to put dirty makeup brushes.When i have one person for the day I just throw whatever need to be cleaned in the bag and wash them when I get home.If I ever work with more than one person,I prefer to work with three people threw out the day right now so I can take my time on the make up.The spray bottle will come in handy if I need to do a quick clean up.Be careful with spray bottles make sure its tight before you throw it in your makeup bag,if the bottle is not good just put it in zip lock bag so it doesn't spill.Cosmetic sponges are easy to find and you can get a bunch for 2 to 5 bucks depending on quantity.When Halloween is near I'll check out my local store and pick up stuff,Halloween stores are a place to go if you need applicators,brushes,cosmetic sponges for a lower price.If you are an online shopper use your favorite search engine to find lower priced stuff.I'm an Ebay shopper and I'll buy stuff in bulk if the seller offers a better deal.   

I don't like to carry a lot of stuff and having pallets make is easier for me to carry around.When working with customers you need every color you can get,I was on Ebay and I saw a pallet for 120 colors cheaper than Coastal Scents,ill try out Coastal Scents one day.I tried it out and I liked it before using it on my first customer.The pallet have matte and shimmer colors to play with,the con about the pallet some of the colors are not easy to blend and if you are not good at blending the pallet is not for you.I was told Coastal Scents and BH is easy to blend.The other con if you are a darker completion not all of the colors are going to work for you.I tried out the pinks and it didn't show up on my skin,the black is not dark to my liking.I'll stick to using NYX Cosmetics Black matte eye shadow.The only pink eye shadow that yells i am pink on my eyes, MAC Pink Venus.I gave the eye shadow away to a friend cause I didn't use it much.I'm the type of person that like to match the eye shadow with the outfit i'm wearing,I put on purple outfit you will see purple.The only time I wont match if i'm going to a formal and I don't want to take away from the dress.If I really want to match my eye shadow with my dress i just add it inner corner or crease depending on look I am going for.Threw out the blog I'll share whats in my makeup kit.



What's in my purse: It's obvious I love Sephora's matte foundation powder,I'm a powder person and not a huge fan of liquid and creme foundation.I keep this in my purse in case I have some where to go after work.I don't wear makeup to work since i'm in a warehouse all day and on the track for roller derby.I do wear makeup if i'm at a roller derby convention or event to show case my makeup skills.




The video is Bullet For My Valentine "Tears Don't Fall"

No comments:

Post a Comment