Sunday, December 29, 2013

goat hair?squirrel?horse hair?

That is what they use to make brushes for cosmetics,if you are vegan and don't know much about makeup I bet your having a heart attack.Most of my life I used eye shadow applicators and cheap synthetic brushes cause that is what I had access to when I was allowed to wear makeup.I didn't know the difference between "natural" and synthetic brushes until my older sister Tanika gave me more exposure about cosmetics.I knew how to do my makeup well and learning from my sister made makeup application easier,I took what I learned and made it my own.As everyone been reading my blogs it also a journey of switching my makeup kit into cruelty free and vegan due to my belief because I feel its unnecessary to torture animals for cosmetics,cleaning items,etc.If we need a cure I'm ok with animals being used and it could save someones life,I know PETA will not like me and who cares they are crazy anyways.If you check out other sites and blogs they are neutral don't judge you like PETA.The only thing I like about PETA is for their huge database on cruelty free products and how to shop.Back to the brushes,I gone threw my makeup of course to see what kind of brushes I have done research and if you want cruelty free status it involves brushes and I thought I had 100 % synthetic brushes cause that's what I could afford,I didn't buy them to be cruelty free at the time it was affordable.The brushes by Face Secrets sold at Sally's Beauty Supply and I found out most of the products they carry makes PETA scream.Face Secrets and most brands use small percentage of synthetic and majority of the time they add goat hair.I have few Sephora brushes and they are 100% synthetic,the cosmetics are not cruelty free.I do have cruelty free products from Sephora since its recent they changed the status to sale in China.If you are new to reading my blog,China and Brazil(new info) require animal testing to sale products in their country,if you see cosmetics made by China and Brazil its not cruelty free.I have brushes my secret santa sent me two years ago Beaute Basics is cruelty free and I love the brushes I'm happy I have a set that is harmless.

Now the controversy of "natural" aka animal fur and hair brushes,let me try to make this brief PETA claims animals such as squirrels get captured and killed during the process to get their fur.Horses are killed for their flesh and take their hair during the process,if you want more info Google PETA and cruelty free brushes. PETA have a huge following of vegetarians and vegans what they say is true,I wouldn't listen to them much cause they are extreme and dramatic about being cruelty free and you are a bad person for eating meat or using products that harm animals.There are companies and consumers claim animals weren't harmed during the process of getting their hair for brushes and sometime PETA blow things out of their a**es.There are companies out there that are good to animals and take fur without killing,if you try to tell that to a vegan its pointless,just use synthetic brushes on them and collect your money. I wouldn't trust what companies say most of the time it's a pain to do research on them,I'll use the brands I trust.If you came up to me and say you don't care about animal testing or animal fur brushes I won't be angry cause its my personal belief and you have the right to your own.The only way it will be a problem if you go around tell me my belief is dumb and your belief is right.

Makeup artists' view on brushes from what I've read that annoy me.Fur brushes are the way to go and its not right cause I don't have problem with synthetic brushes.It depends on the quality and how you do makeup.Well the brushes I currently own are synthetic with fur and few sets and brushes 100% synthetic.Synthetic is good for liquids and can't hold product which is not true for me,"natural" brushes hold more product,easier to use,and gives a nice finish.So can synthetic brushes its all about quality and I didn't have problems.It depends on the artist at the end of the day and if "natural" or  synthetic brushes work for you that's awesome.Don't go around telling people that one way is better and be neutral,most of us are starting out and don't have a huge budget.I like to share about budgeting when it comes to makeup cause there is someone out there that can spend below 20 bucks on cosmetics.If you don't care about animal testing and want brushes I'll help you out the best I can,if your budget is not huge your are most likely will have to buy synthetic or fur blend brushes.Plus if you have allergies and rubbing fur on your face could make it flair up,if they make brushes out of dog and car fur I would be miserable.

List of brushes that have "natural" or fur blend

Face Secrets sold at sally beauty supply

MAC

Avon

Mary Kay

Sephora own synthetic brushes and might have a few that are not

check out vegan sites for a bigger list and if you are not sure ask if the brushes are synthetic or not.Personally I wouldn't tell a seller I want cruelty free products and what not,there are places that work on commission and don't want to lose a sell.People out there can be dishonest if they want to make a buck.

Now on to cruelty free brushes

E.L.F. uses synthetic taklon its a nice synthetic blend.I should give E.L.F. brushes a try then

ECO Tools and they use environment friendly materials and they give back to make the environment better.

Too Faced

Morphe Brushes they have vegan and cruelty free options.

Beaute Basics

Hard Candy

Urban Decay

Branded J

Aveda uses synthetic taklon

Today I didn't feel like going threw my makeup kit and I would like to share my sisters page hair and makeup by Tanika,shes located in Vista if your close.
https://www.facebook.com/tbeautybiz

A funny makeup tutorial by Willam of RuPaul Drag Race

Video by Yeah Yeah Yeahs"Maps"




No comments:

Post a Comment