Wednesday, December 25, 2013

My plan for 2014

MERRY CHRISTMAS AGAIN!I didn't think I'll have time to write and I do at 5am. 2014 will be here next week and a wedding to go New Years Eve its 1920 theme,I love the 1920 Hollywood Glamour and I'm a fan of Josephine Baker and Clara Bow.My style is 1950 to modern that threw me a curve ball.Modern makeup also have some inspiration from 1920:smoky eyes and some women have their eye brows thin. I did the flapper thing for Halloween about 5 years ago and I tried to be accurate, I shaved my eye brows off left a little bit of hair to use it guide me in drawing my eye brows the same way women did.I didn't feel like covering my eye brows and it seem like a long process so I just shaved them off,it took 3 weeks to grow back.For the wedding I was thinking to myself they didn't really have much plus size women in the 1920s from the pictures and movies,If you know more info about the 1920's let me know.Back to the subject I was trying to write about,my plan is to have a bigger makeup kit and its not cheap.I watched videos,viewed blogs,and a class(I'll go to more classes in the future) so I know what to have in my kit starting out and it doesn't matter what brands I have along I can make use out of it.You will be seeing MUD,NYX Cosmetics,Wet N Wild, Coastal Scents, and Motives Cosmetics in my kit since it's in a price range I can afford and its cruelty free.If I can get artist discounts from MUD AND NYX that will be sweeeeeeeeeet if not I'll just attend more classes in LA to get discounts or go to a convention.Spending my time networking,have business cards on hand and go to makeup related events to get myself out there.My biggest thing is trying to balance roller derby and my current day job to follow my dream.I know I won't be rich being a makeup artist, right now I just want to do it as side job and see where it take me.There are a lot of makeup artists out there and I'm thinking of strategies making myself stand out.I'm trying to make my makeup kit cruelty free so I can cater to more people.If you read my previous blog"Be Kind to Bunnies" it will give you more info why I want a cruelty free makeup kit.Right now I'm volunteering and doing makeup for trade so get on it before I start charging,it won't be that much due to the brands I'll have.For long term plan is to invest in a camera and new lap top so I can do makeup videos,layaway is a beautiful thing!I'm going to share with you a list of stuff I wrote down I'll need in my kit.Maybe it will help you out too =]

What to have in makeup kit and most of the stuff you can get at dollar tree or Walmart.

  • Eyelash Curler
  • Foundation for every skin tone,that's something you can buy later just find clients you want to work with first.Once you make more money then expand.
  • Setting Powder/Translucent Powder 
  • Eye brow pencil or powder,you can use a few eye shadows as powder make sure they are matte colors.
  • Eye brow gel or wax to keep them in place.Clear mascara works the same if you don't want to spend the extra bucks cause it say eye brow gel.
  • Sponges(beware of clients with latex allergies)
  • Makeup remover wipes or bottle
  • Get a label maker to organize your pallets,you don't need one just go to the store and buy some for really cheap labels write it yourself.I just wrote it down for the heck of it.
  • Blushes
  • Brushes(I have to make sure there's no animal fur used and not made in China(they require animal testing)
  • Brush cleaner and I have baby shampoo to clean them.Brush cleaner is for in between uses.

  • Hand wipes when you buy it in bulk flip upside down so the moister don't sit on the bottom.
  • Bobby Pins or hair clips
  • Gum or mints so you can have nice breath when working with people.I have gum to relax myself.
  • BUSINESS CARDS!!!! I took care of that and just got it in the mail.
  • Concealer and I have the deep brown corrector for people of color read my MUD Cosmetic blog.
  • Eyelashes strip and Individual you must learn how to apply them if you want to be a makeup artist. Don't for get the Duo lash glue they work awesome!If your client have latex allergies then don't apply lashes cause lash glue have latex unless there is a brand other I don't know about that don't.I have to make sure the lashes are cruelty free and not made in China
  • Scissors for cutting eye lashes and I can use the scissors for other use.
  • Primer for eyes and face
  • Q-tips I made that trip to dollar tree,there's no excuses for not having them,dig up change LOL.
  • Buy empty containers if you need to de-pot make up,you can use stack able pill jars,pill reminders bead jars etc.They have them at dollar tree=]
  • Bronzer
  • Eyeliner and lip pencils
  • Lip stick and lip gloss
  • Spray bottles,dollar tree!If you get a bad bottle put it in zip lock bag so nothing spills
  • Alcohol to sanitize and got it at dollar tree.
  • Mascara brown and black,if you want to have more colors that is fine.
  • Moisturizer and some primers have it already,it doesn't hurt to have it.
  • Empty bottles and travel size bottles are the best.
  • Blank pallets if you want to use back on hand,its easier to mix stuff on one.
  • Pallet knife or spatula to scrap makeup such as lip stick,foundation and etc. Sanitation is important don't want to gross out client.You can use the end of your makeup brush scrap makeup.
  • Lip gloss wands or lip brush
The things I have already or need to add that YouTube or my blogs didn't list.

  • I need to invest in a cape I don't want to get makeup on people
  • I like to keep a zip lock bag or two.One is for the brushes to clean later or for trash,theirs other uses for them.
  • makeup brush holder so I don't go digging in my bag for stuff.
  • I have a few eye shadow pallets its an easier way to get a bunch of colors and without spending a ton of money.Coastal Scents have good starter stuff and always have some type of sale,for every purchase you make you get points that's a plus. Their makeup is cruelty free and I'm not sure about the brushes. I rather have things in pallets to make it easier to carry things.
  • A bigger makeup carrying case that have wheels they are not cheap to have.
This is my notebook I got from dollar tree to hold my notes,list of things to buy,need and whatever.



What's in my makeup kit and I just got them today!Business cards!They are good to have in makeup case or the purse you carry around you may never know when you have to give them out.Yes I used my legal name for my business.......

The Video and Music Britney Spears"Only Wish This Year"

No comments:

Post a Comment